Press release: CLS Risk Solutions (CLS RS), a leading MGA for specialist transactional property risk solutions, has announced the appointment of Rob Best as Managing Director of its UK operations.
Rob joins CLS with more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance market. Well-known and respected in the market, Rob has led the Casualty and Environmental businesses of JLT, AJ Gallagher and most recently WTW.
Latterly, Rob has been a consultant to the industry and during that time assisted CLS last year with a review of its environmental product. In his role as Managing Director for CLS Risk Solutions (UK), Rob will be responsible for leading the business into its second phase of growth to reach its target by 2021. He joins the board of CLS Risk Solutions and will report directly to the group CEO, Tom O’Connor.
Tom O’Connor, CEO comments: “CLS Risk Solutions has an enviable reputation with the top brokers in our chosen markets, for innovation and expertise. We are recognised as leaders when our clients are faced with a complex transactional property risk. We are on a mission to raise awareness amongst brokers of the very significant opportunities that exist for them across lines such as Environmental, Legal & Structural Indemnities, Public Law and Rights of Light. With a terrific insurance pedigree and enviable contacts across the broker market, Rob will be instrumental in leading the charge for closer collaboration with the broker market. We warmly welcome him on board.”
Rob Best comments: “The product set which CLSRS provides and the opportunities these offer for growth is very exciting. Tom’s appointment last year set a clear strategy to drive growth both for its broker partners and across the CLS group. I strongly believe 2020 will be a year of great change in the market. The challenge and opportunity which prevail in the current market climate make it a most exciting time to be working in insurance and CLS, along with its capacity and broker partners, are perfectly placed to take full advantage of the flight to quality which is now gaining momentum.”
CLS Risk Solutions removes uncertainty from property transactions and development projects by combining data, legal knowledge, technology and insurance capacity to create products and solutions for the UK and European property markets. It is a line of insurance where interest has exploded in recent years with both the retail and commercial property market booms and a heightened awareness of the products’ capabilities.
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact:
SJ Wrigley at Spotlight Consulting on 07909546104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
About CLS Risk Solutions
CLS Risk Solutions is a leading MGA creating and providing risk solutions for real estate development projects and transactions. Established in 2010, it is part of the successful CLS group with a turnover of circa £40m, employing 110 staff, with 8 businesses in 5 offices.
Its products include Legal Indemnities, Structural indemnities, Rights of Light Indemnities, Environmental Indemnities and Judicial Review/Planning Law Indemnities. Each product enables the client to define, quantify and transfer risk that is otherwise capable of frustrating the acquisition, funding, development or disposal of a real estate asset.
CLS RS has an established reputation for innovation, expertise and service. www.clsrs.co.uk
The CLS group includes seven interdependent businesses working in close collaboration:
- CLS Property Insight: a leading supplier of searches, insurance and data services to the UK property legal market
- CLS Data: Innovative solutions and products for the lender and surveying market
- Future Climate Info: Environmental Information market leader through progressive environmental data aggregation and supply
- D-Risk: Powerful land risk insight with future-proofed environmental risk appraisal for commercial real estate and financial institutions, injecting expert opinion from acquisition through to divestment.
- Conveychoice: an exclusive platform for intermediaries to offer expert conveyancing services to clients through a panel of the most established property lawyers in the UK
- CLS Risk Solutions UK: a leading MGA for bespoke legal indemnity and transactional property risk solutions
- CLS Risk Solutions Europe: legal indemnities for renewable energy projects and real estate transactions in Europe
- CLS Group Services: One-stop service company for the CLS group companies and their commercial partners