Auto Legal Protection Services (ALPS), one of the UK’s leading providers of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products, has announced the launch of their ‘Motorcycle Personal Accident’ product.
The new product was created to be much more comprehensive than other offerings on the market. Standard motorcycle PA covers the policyholder only, whilst riding, mounting or dismounting the bike. The new ALPS policy covers the policyholder, named riders, policyholder’s spouse (including common law and civil law partner) and pillion passengers.
Other key benefits of the policy include:
- Two types of cover, a £15k and a £25k limit of indemnity, which changes the sum insured per incident. The heads of cover include specific issues, which range from injury to death.
- Taxi fares if the rider or passenger is unable to drive after a RTA due to injuries
- Repatriation of body following accidental death abroad
Additional cover is also available for:
- Road rage incidents including emergency dental expenses and stress counselling.
- Home Help Care Package providing up to 28 hours of care in their own Home per policy year, during the 14 days immediately after they have been discharged from Hospital.
Ben Lemmon, Sales and Marketing Director at ALPS, said: “Motorcyclists have different needs to a regular car driver and different levels of personal injury that might occur. We have been quick to listen to and react to this market to make our policies as flexible and as relevant as possible. Whilst a car driver is insured for all passengers, normal motorcycle insurance policies only cover the named driver. Our new product takes into account different users of the motorcycle and covers all parties whether a mounted or a pillion passenger. We always aim to make life easier for brokers to have relatable products to their target audience and we know this will be a valuable addition to our product suite.”
The ALPS Motorcycle PA product is Underwritten by UK General on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance UK SE.
SJ Wrigley at Spotlight Consulting on 07909 546104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1998, Auto Legal Protection Services – ALPS – is a leading provider of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products to insurance brokers, networks and intermediaries throughout the UK. Based in Congleton, Cheshire, the company supports over 600 brokers and has over 90 staff. ALPS is authorised and regulated by the FCA.