Leading independent broker, Thomas Carroll, has partnered with Auto Legal Protection Services (ALPS), one of the UK’s leading providers of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products, in a three-year deal to provide vehicle replacement cover, motor legal expenses and claims services to its 7,500 motor insurance clients.
Founded in 1972, Thomas Carroll Group plc has offices in Wales and London and provides business insurance, personal insurance broking, financial management, health & safety and employment law consultancy. Part of the UNA Alliance, it was named UK Broker of the Decade in the 2014 British Insurance Awards.
The deal will bring significant additional benefits for Thomas Carroll’s motor clients, including:
- For the first time, seven-day replacement vehicle cover as standard even if the accident was the policyholder’s fault;
- One of the most comprehensive Motor Legal Expenses policies available, with an indemnity limit up to £100,000 and cover for Motor Prosecutions Defence and Motor Contracts Disputes;
- 24-7 claims reporting line providing round the clock support and advice following a road traffic accident;
- Free legal advice delivered in partnership with ALPS Legal Practice which enables all aspects of a claim to be handled under one roof;
- Access to a nationwide network of over 600 approved repairers with a lifetime repair guarantee.
ALPS will be supporting the service with a designated team of claims handlers. It is also putting in place a bespoke management information package so that Thomas Carroll can monitor the service. Finally, it will be undertaking significant training and ongoing support to Thomas Carroll’s teams, so that they understand the new proposition from the outset.
Lee Riley, Managing Director of ALPS, comments: “We are delighted to welcome another client from the prestigious UNA group of brokers. Thomas Carroll has an excellent reputation and it guards its high service levels very carefully. Choosing ALPS is therefore a direct testament to the ability of our claims management teams to mirror our clients’ service to maintain those same exacting standards. It is also absolutely essential to us that our products and services are sold correctly and appropriately, which is why we are spending significant time training our colleagues at Thomas Carroll and giving them ongoing support.”
Helen Love, Head of Claims at Thomas Carroll, said: “We have every confidence that ALPS will deliver a fantastic service to our clients as well as providing significant additional benefits which bring added value to Thomas Carroll’s overall Claims Promise.”
SJ Douglas at Spotlight Consulting on 07909 546104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Roe at Spotlight Consulting on 07967 804140 or Vicki@spotlightconsulting.co.uk
Established in 1998, Auto Legal Protection Services – ALPS – is a leading provider of of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products to insurance brokers, networks and intermediaries throughout the UK. Based in Congleton, Cheshire, the company supports over 600 brokers and has over 40 staff. ALPS is authorised and regulated by the FCA.