Auto Legal Protection Services (ALPS), one of the UK’s leading providers of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products, has enhanced its Family Legal Expenses Cover after several emerging risks were identified for brokers’ clients. It is now one of the most comprehensive policies of its type available to brokers.
The key additions to the policy are:
- Legal assistance for policyholders who have experienced defamation via social media sites
- Cover for clinical negligence by a medical professional to the policy limit of £50,000
- Protection of up to £5,000 for disputes encountered by policyholders when buying a house
All the enhancements address issues that have become increasingly common problems for brokers’ clients:
- According to recent research by Thomson Reuters (20 October 2014), there was a 23 per cent rise in the number of reported defamation cases in the UK over the previous year, up from 70 to 86, with a 300 per cent rise in defamation actions brought over derogatory posts on social media1.
- A recent study has suggested that 12,000 deaths a year in NHS hospitals are being caused by medical errors and failures to monitor patients properly2.
- There is also an increased risk of legal actions around the home-buying process. An average of one in four house sales falls through in the UK3, most commonly due to a breakdown in chains and as a result disputes with suppliers such as removals companies and surveyors are becoming more common.
Matt Field, Sales and Marketing Director of ALPS, comments: “In light of the FCA review into add-on products, we made a promise to our partner brokers to ensure we are providing them with the very best levels of cover for their clients. I’m especially delighted that we have managed to do this without increasing our premium to them. As with all our policies, brokers will be able to incept, renew and amend the cover online via our award-winning secure broker portal, Communic8.”
ALPS Family Legal Expenses was originally launched in 2006 and provides comprehensive protection, support and advice in the event of a legal dispute for customers or their immediate family with an indemnity level of £50,000. Dedicated legal helplines manned by professionals, provide support and advice to policyholders on a wide range of legal issues, tax advice and ID theft.
SJ Douglas at Spotlight Consulting on 07909 546104 or email@example.com
Vicki Roe at Spotlight Consulting on 07967 804140 or Vicki@spotlightconsulting.co.uk
Established in 1998, Auto Legal Protection Services – ALPS – is a leading provider of of motor claims solutions, legal expenses and additional products to insurance brokers, networks and intermediaries throughout the UK. Based in Congleton, Cheshire, the company supports over 600 brokers and has over 40 staff. ALPS is authorised and regulated by the FCA.